Today we are going to explain how to implement de services in a Data Center using the virtualization in all the services that we could have.
First, we want to remember that our manufacturers that we will use / comment are: IBM for the servers, Arista Networks for all the networking equipment and Palo Alto for the security.
The virtualization in this years has take an important position in the Data Centers, because this allow to have a lot of services in one server, in this way we can use less servers to implement it. A key use of virtualization technology is server virtualization, which uses a software layer called a hypervisor to emulate the underlying hardware.
In the virtualization in IBM we have Powervm that is a tool that allow us to have a lot of services using fewer systems.
The more important point in Powervm are:
- Virtualization without paying underlying performace penlalties.
- Services that deliver higher quality services by improving a resource management.
- Optimize utilization of server and storage resources to control cost and boost return on investment (ROI).
The advantages of Powervm are:
- Processor, memory and I / O resources can be transferred dynamically from one VM to another
- Processor resources can be automatically transferred from one VM to another according to the needs of the workloads
- Active AIX, Linux, and IBM i VMs can move between servers, eliminating scheduled downtime
In the section of network, we will work with Arista Network.
The main goal of Network Virtualization it is to separate the physical topology from the logical topology, allowing the connectivity between compite (virtual or physical) and network services (virtual or physical) regardless the may reside in the same datacenter.
Te technology that allows this is VXLAN, that we have explained in previous post.
The topology network that give us how a virtualization solution, it is the next:
By last, we are gonna talk about how is gonna be the security in the data center.
The solutions that give us Palo Alto it is VM-Series Virtualized Next-Generation Firewall.
The virtualization in Data Center are growing up so faster, resulting in a mix of private and public cloud computing, making more important the security that we need to protect our system, that it can work separately for each service that we have, and can be used with Azure, Citrix, AWS, VMWare, Hyper-V.
Today’s blog has finished. See you in the next post.