Final Case Resolution
Final case resolution
Hi everyone! In this post we are going to present them the final resolution of our case, the implementation of a Data Center for a financial entity. In order to do it, we will divide the explanation in the various sections that our design has.
Firstly lets tall about the networking infrastructure and its components. We have decided to use the following devices from our provider, Juniper Networks, to meet the case requirements:
- QFX3000 family series switches to take advantage of the QFabric model.
- MX2020 series, routers that have the greatest capacities from Juniper (to 100 GbE).
Using this QFabric model, we can reduce drastically the latency between our customers and servers as explained in previous posts, this traduces into better services and performance, this model also is good for QoS management, one of its components, the QFabric Director node, has QoS capabilities that can prioritize traffic, perform traffic congestion control using WRED, divide the traffic into various queues depending on its importance, tag the traffic based on various criteria like VLAN, MAC address or even the incoming/outgoing interfaces.
Also another thing related to the networking architecture is that we have implemented our solution using the top of the rack structure, this is a cleaner way to install the devices, which is easier to troubleshoot when a problem occurs and its more scalable than other solutions.
Another thing about the resolution, is the servers and storage, for these segment, we have used the following devices:
- DELL PowerEdge R730xd Rack Server, servers allows the use of up to 22 cores per socket which adapts the performance of the machines, our solution is based on the virtualization of the services using VMWare on these physical servers.
- Dell Storage Serie SCv2080 for storage, this is a SAN system that offers 84 internal drives and up to 84 external drives, with a capacity of up to 672 TB.
On the security side of our final resolution, we have used the following devices:
- SRX 6000 Gateway, it is a next generation firewall that can provide all the necessary functionalities for the protection of our systems, this include IPS, antimalware, antispam, DLP, NAT, etc.
- vSRX Firewalls, this are firewalls that can protect our virtual machines separately, granting a further layer of protection, and also protect other devices.
Finally, we must include also the management system, in order to do so, we have found 3 different software services that will help to concentrate the management of all our devices, making it easier to troubleshoot and to apply changes:
- Junos Space Network Director: to manage all network devices.
- Junos Space Security Director: to manage all security devices.
- Dell OpenManage: to manage all the servers that are within our final design
That’s all about our final resolution, we hope we have clarified all the different aspects of it.
See you on the future posts!