GOOGLE SEARCHING STEPS
Nowadays is really important to be our CDP webpage or blog in the top-ten-google-search. But most times is not possible due to our ignorance.
In the way of improving our blog popularity, this blog will explain all the tips you should follow.
Google is the most used engine, many people use to watch youtube videos. Eg: The google channel in youtube
UNDERSTANDING A SEARCH ENGINE
• Make a specific search. The more specific you are with your search terms, the more productive your research will be.
• The techniques include: including or excluding search terms, exact phrase searching (using quotation marks), proximity searching, and other tools
• Number of links: google attempts to find the “authoritative” source by counting the number of links to that site.
CRITERIA FOR EVALUATE A DOCUMENT
• Source of the document. Is it reliable? What is its bias? One quick way to check the source is looking at the web address: .edu (school or university), .gov (government body), .com (business or general site), .org (non-profit organization).
• Relevance of the document’s title.
• Author of the document.
• Date of the document.
• Relevance of the excerpt (shown in the list of search results on search engines), and location of search terms.
• Rank of the documents in the search results list. (CAUTION: Don’t rely too much on the ranking system. Sometimes the treasure is buried.)
• Avoid duplicate documents.
• Use the “Search within Results” function. Google.com and Altavista.com have this option.
WEBMASTER: A GOOGLE EXPERT SEARCHER
• Make pages primarily for users, not for search engines.
• Avoid tricks intended to improve search engine rankings. A good rule of thumb is whether you’d feel comfortable explaining what you’ve done to a website that competes with you
• Don’t participate in link schemes designed to increase your site’s ranking or PageRank. In particular, avoid links to web spammers or “bad neighborhoods”
• Don’t use unauthorized computer programs to submit pages, check rankings, etc. (avoid using WebPosition)