Cloud Data Center
The objective is to obtain a consolidation and standardization of the services, to be able to combat the outdates, the lack of support, etc. Cloud technology allows us to standardize the service, therefore we define that our service works on certain standards (operating systems, middleware ...).
The cloud allows different service models (IaaS, PaaS ..) and different levels of services. Therefore, there is something very specific that allows customers to program these services to avoid problems, since the fundamental pillar as we have said is standardization.
In order to choose the best solution for each service, the cloud offers us neutrality with respect to manufacturers, without barriers to entry and exit.
The cloud for companies is already like a commodity, just as electricity and water can be in a company. The cloud is responsible for computing services and data storage, therefore it makes the customer run away from a very important part.
The fundamental pillar of the clouds is consolidation, as there are companies that are growing or expanding throughout the world and have created small data centers in each place and in each one they have different technologies. This generates many costs, generates updating problems, depending on the design of the data center it can also generate network growth problems. The cloud offers a solution to consolidate this type of infrastructure, since it allows to grow and decrease according to the needs of the moment.
- Public cloud: It does not prioritize information security, but it is ideal for issues of latency and cost.
- Private cloud: Being private, you can manage the security of the data center with the protection measures that the CISO decides.
- Colocation: by putting our servers in third-party data centers, part of the security control is lost, although most are characterized by their reliability.
Service model (cloud modalities)
- IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service): It is characterized by its flexible and transitional environment. Transition because they serve applications that want to be migrated to PaaS. Therefore this model offers basic resources (storage, servers ...).
- PaaS (Platform as a Service): Services are offered by blocks, not by components as in IaaS. Therefore they contain everything necessary to host an application.
- DBaaS (Data Bases as a Service): Provides database service in applications that are in an IaaS or in a PaaS.
- SaaS (Software as a Service): software distribution model that a customer can access via the internet.
There are two levels of management, the delegate or the shared one. Keep in mind that shared is only for IaaS.
The technological center of the data center can be of different types:
- J2EE + Oracle
- .NET + SQL Server
Conclusion – Why cloud?
In summary, the future is in the cloud for its elastic capacity, for being a pay-per-use service, for being compatible with virtualization and thus optimizing resources. Also for offering economies of scale and finally for a homogenization of services. In short, the provision of infrastructure services in the cloud responds to the improvement needs of the industry.