What to do in Barcelona while studying at La Salle-URL. Activities, concerts, traditions and culture to enjoy a unique experience.

20 July 2009 | Posted by International Editorial Team

Ivan Codina, graduated in Business at BES La Salle, tell us about his experience and work in FC Barcelona

Ivan Codina

Ivan Codina

I currently work coordinating the FC Barcelona’s youth teams inside the ice hockey section of the club. Apart from that, I am also a semi-professional ice hockey player inside FCB roster. FC Barcelona is the world biggest sports organization in terms of number of athletes competing under its coat of arms. Among all the 16 different sports present in the club there is the ice hockey section that is divided in 8 teams, the 1st team and the youth teams, plus a hockey school. My main task is to coordinate the youth teams and to coach the U-20 and U-18 teams. Currently, we have over 200 kids enrolled in the different teams and under my responsibility I have 10 coaches. We have as a main objective to make sure that kids learn to play ice hockey while having fun. We consider that playing a team sport could be a great complement for the education of these kids. The most common tasks that I daily face are the scheduling of practices and tournaments, monitoring of the different groups according to established goals, and to develop practices for the teams I coach. All the skills that I have developed in my years studying Bachelor in Business Degree at the BES La Salle Barcelona has given me the opportunity to face the work life with the conviction of a well prepared person ready to face every challenge that my daily work puts in front of me.

Share

Add new comment

CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.
3 + 1 =
Solve this simple math problem and enter the result. E.g. for 1+3, enter 4.